So, General Conference starts today. All your favorite bloggers are there (or will be there…I don’t get there until Friday). Out of all the updates and commentary by bloggers, pundits, and John Wesley himself, what can you expect here at HX.net?
For those of you that are not Methodist or are solely interested in the concept of hacking Christianity, please forgive the next 10 days. However, if you stick with me, you’ll find many applications of the concepts of this blog onto the UMC. Ya might learn somethin’!
During General Conference
- There’s gonna be plenty of hacks and opportunities abound! Here’s what I’ll be doing…
- posting and reviewing copies of renewal group publications (mostly bad.hacks I’m sure).
- reviewing written statements by the UMC-affiliated agencies and handouts (our famous mission.hacks)
- Pictures, pictures, pictures!
- Coverage of advocacy events and responses!
- Praying for peace.
- Crying and celebrating with my brothers and sisters in Christ (I’m sure there will be much of both!)
- There’s plenty more to process!
- Review the changes to the Discipline
- Review the responses and media-whoring by the renewal groups
- Review the witness and advocacy events of the caucus groups
- Sleep. Maybe.
Life after General Conference…
- There’s several posts to look forward to that I’m holding off on until after GC…since that’s all on everyone’s mind anyway!
Enjoy! Looking forward to the week ahead, and pray for safe travels!